Rural Superintendent Academy Application
Individuals who are interested in expanding their leadership skills and making an impact in Colorado school districts are encouraged to apply for placement in the Rural Superintendent Academy (RSA). Participants selected to join the Academy will commit to devoting their full attention to the nine-month program, which includes the key components listed below.
- Deeply engaging in four on-site quarterly convenings
- Making at least two one-day visits to cohort member districts to learn and engage in their work
- Creating and personalizing board-superintendent communications norms
- Developing a role-specific professional evaluation process
- Creating or updating a district-specific vision, mission, core beliefs, and graduate profile
- Creating a detailed process by which to measure progress toward my district’s stated outcomes
- Growing a skillset to effectively communicate progress toward my district’s stated outcomes
- Engaging dynamic colleagues to lean on for support, and to offer support, long into the future.