Who We Are
We champion, empower, and ignite Colorado leaders to deliver on the promise of public education to develop thriving young people and flourishing communities.
With nearly two decades of experience, we’re not just responding to change —we’re driving it. We are the bridge builders, turning the promise of public education into a tangible and vibrant reality. Our data-driven strategies and systemic improvements are reshaping the educational landscape and advancing public education across Colorado.
We collaborate with a robust network of school districts and Boards of Cooperative Educational Services (BOCES) statewide to make schooling more relevant and meaningful for today’s learners. With a reputation for impact and a specialized blend of expertise, CEI is recognized as a trusted partner in cultivating stronger educational outcomes and a brighter, thriving future for Colorado.
CEI’s long-term vision is that all young people in Colorado exit K-12 education boldly taking their next steps toward hopeful, equitable, and prosperous futures. This requires an education system that delivers on the promise of public education to develop thriving young people and flourishing communities.
We focus on shaping the future of Colorado’s education system by:
- SCALING district systems change outcomes that champion relevant and meaningful learning.
- Empowering leaders to advance aligned state-level change needed to SUSTAIN local impact.
- SPREADING successful strategies statewide to ignite success for all students.
Our core areas of work ensure a dynamic feedback loop – where each area informs and advances the next – to foster a continuous cycle of improvement and innovation that ignites success for all students.
CEI’s mission is to champion, empower, and ignite Colorado leaders to deliver on the promise of public education to develop thriving young people and flourishing communities. We have built our reputation by playing three primary roles: implementation expert, strategic partner, and statewide convener.
- Since 2007, we have partnered with educators and community members in over 150 school districts across Colorado.
- In the 2022-23 school year, CEI partnered with 97 school districts across the state of which 86 percent serve students of a 50 percent or greater population considered furthest from opportunity as defined by minority, FRL, or rural designation — reflecting our expertise in working with diverse school districts in various regions of the state.
“There’s some real strength in their facilitation, And they tend to hire people who have experience in the education field. So most of the time, you’re dealing with people who have already tussled with the work, and they understand the challenges… So when you’re thinking about expertise, it’s not always the case that you’re going to be working with someone who has the answers. But it is always the case that you have someone who’s familiar with the challenges.”
– Rural School District Superintendent