CEI Launching Scheduling Institute in November
September 20, 2018
This fall, 15 Colorado schools will participate in a unique, professional development and design opportunity.
CEI has partnered with national philanthropy Fremont Street to host a Scheduling Institute in Colorado beginning in November. We’ve secured the nationally-recognized team from Tegy and its founder, Furman Brown, to provide training programs, digital tools, and technical assistance to elementary and middle schools in Colorado.
Up to 15 school teams will be selected for the Scheduling Institute. Teams will participate in a combination of in-person and online activities over three semesters. Each team will develop schedules, and implementation plans that align with district and school visions to better meet the needs of students and teachers. The first convening is November 7 and 8.
There are no program costs for participating schools.
The $10,000 tuition per school is underwritten by generous support from the Fremont Street Fund. Once teams have completed the program, there will be an opportunity to apply for more funding and resources to support the work.
Through other Scheduling Institutes, over 100 schools nationally have:
- Created extensive collaborative practice time for teachers
- Incorporated enhanced special education tiered services models
- Expanded enrichment opportunities
- Included opportunities for new instructional strategies (e.g., personalized learning, project-based learning, academic coaching)
Schools are invited to apply and participate; space is limited. To be considered, please email email@example.com to express your interest and receive the brief application.
Key dates and next steps:
- Send email to express interest: ASAP
- Online application due: October 7th
- School selection by: October 17th
- Institute session 1: November 7th & 8th (Metro Denver location TBD)