Meaningful Career Conversations Trainings
Sessions Begin in November 2023
Are you ready to empower job seekers through meaningful career exploration and build your leadership skills as a trusted career advisor?
These trainings are designed for ANYONE in a position to provide guidance to those seeking to enter the workforce, pursue a specific career path, or change careers (now or in the future) and are centered on fostering hopeful and robust futures.
Trainers will lead participants through comprehensive content, peer-to-peer career conversation practices, reflection exercises, and demonstrations of career-focused tools that can be used across settings and career sectors. Participants will have opportunities to engage in a variety of topical resources and guides to help them to develop the skill sets, confidence, and understanding to support people in pursuing new career opportunities and pathways.
Join an upcoming session to learn how you can build meaningful connections with students and adults to help them find relevant and rewarding careers!
Virtual Training Session Dates
- November 7, 12-4 p.m. MT (Complete Four-Hour Training)
- November 29, 3:30-5 p.m. MT (Introduction Training)
- December 5, 7:30-9 a.m. MT (Introduction Training)
- December 7, 12-4 p.m. MT (Complete Four-Hour Training)
- January 25, 12-4 p.m. MT (Complete Four-Hour Training)
- February 21, 12-4 p.m. MT (Complete Four-Hour Training)
- March 7, 12-4 p.m. MT (Complete Four-Hour Training)
- March 28, 12-4 p.m. MT (Complete Four-Hour Training)
- April 25, 12-4 p.m. MT (Complete Four-Hour Training)
- May 9, 12-4 p.m. MT (Complete Four-Hour Training)
- June 5, 12-4 p.m. MT (Complete Four-Hour Training)
(Please note that the content shared in the 90-minute training is repeated in the four-hour training.)
More Options Coming Soon!
Beginning in 2024, students, families, and advisors will have additional opportunities to participate in Meaningful Career Conversations training.
Additional session dates and times will be posted on this webpage when they become available.
Would another session date or time work best for your team? Do you prefer to have customized training content for your community?
School districts, schools, community groups, and organizations can request additional in-person or virtual session dates for either training option using the interest form below.
Sessions can also be customized for specific audiences, including: School counselors, school staff (Staff who are not counselors. Ex. teachers, coaches, etc.), families and caregivers, community center supporters, industry and business partners, and faith communities.
Please note the following details regarding the number of required participants for session requests.
- Introduction to Career Conversations: The minimum number of participants for an in-person session is 20 and eight for a virtual session.
- Meaningful Career Conversations: The minimum number of participants for an in-person session is 25 and 15 for a virtual session.
Have a question? Contact the Meaningful Career Conversations team.
Related Career Planning Resources
- Colorado Career Advising Tool
- Colorado Individual Career and Academic Plan (ICAP)
- Colorado Career Advising Tool
- Colorado Future Jobs
- My Colorado Journey
- My Next Move
- O*NET Online
History of the Colorado Career Advisor Training Program
In 2019, as an education leadership council initiative, Colorado developed a first-in-the-nation model, the Colorado Career Conversations Training project, to train career advisors across systems.
In the 2022 legislative session, the Colorado General Assembly passed Senate Bill 22-165 to continue the Colorado Career Advisor Training Program through 2025.
These trainings are made possible through a partnership of the Colorado Department of Education, Colorado Education Initiative, and IndigoPathway.