Colorado Career Conversations Training Project
Free, high-quality, professional development for individuals in Colorado who are positioned to have career conversations with students or others who are navigating career decisions.
The purpose of the Colorado Career Conversations Training Project is to provide free, high-quality, professional development to individuals throughout the state who are positioned to have career conversations with students, job seekers, clients, or others who may need support navigating career decisions.
The ideal participants for this training include school counselors, workforce center advisors, higher education advisors, college and career navigators, mentors, teachers, administrators, custodians, parents, after-school providers, librarians, and anyone who might have a career conversation. The ultimate objective of this initiative is to train 5,000 individuals by June 2020, expanding of the number of trained career advisors that are able to deliver a more consistent career advising experience.
The Colorado Education Initiative (CEI) is responsible for developing and facilitating the training throughout the state on behalf of the Colorado Department of Education (CDE) and in partnership with additional state agencies and partners.
CEI trainers will come to you and host a training at your convenience for your specific audience. Contact us today to schedule a training!
We are also scheduling periodic regional training sessions. Check back regularly for opportunities in your area. Click below to register for an upcoming training:
- January 29th: 12pm – 4pm – Denver Regional 4 Hour Training
- February 5th: 9am – 11am – Lamar and SE BOCES 2 Hour Training
- February 19th: 12pm – 4pm – Northern Front Range Regional 4 Hour Training (Location TBD)
- February 19th: 8am – 12pm – NE BOCES 4 Hour Training in Haxtun (open to all in the region)
- February 28th: 9am – 3pm – Lamar and SE BOCES 6 Hour Training
- February 28th: 9am – 3pm – Pikes Peak BOCES 6 Hour Training (open to all the region)
- March 27th: 8:30am – 3pm – San Luis Valley 6 Hour Training in Center, CO
- May 4th: 10:30am – 12:30pm – D49 CO Springs 2 Hr Training (open to anyone)
- May 7th: 9:30am – 11:30pm – D49 CO Springs 2 Hr Training (open to anyone)
- May 7th: 12:30pm – 4:30pm – D49 CO Springs 4 Hr Training (open to anyone)
CDE will offer reimbursement for sub coverage (for training hours only) at $20 per hour. This sub coverage is for instructional individuals in any setting, including P-12 teachers, adult education instructors, college professors, etc. Additionally, travel reimbursements are also available including: parking (if applicable), mileage, and hotel if overnight is necessary. Once you register for a training, you will receive an email with the required forms and instructions. For more information about travel reimbursement, please contact Michelle Crawford at CDE.
Get Started Today
Contact Liz Kuehl to learn more and schedule a training