Putting the Pieces Together
We know that health is one piece of the education puzzle to achieve student success. We also know that each role represented in our schools – nurse, counselor, educator, PE teacher, principal, psychologist, district staff, superintendent, local public health, state agency staff, non-profit and other partner organization staff, community member, youth, parent, in the business sector – plays a critical piece of the school health puzzle so that we can have a comprehensive approach that attends to the whole child and meets the physical, social, emotional and mental health needs. At the March 3rd 2017 Healthy Schools Summit: Putting the Pieces Together, we gathered stakeholders from around the state to examine each piece of the puzzle, and considered our own role in collectively completing that puzzle for student success.
Colorado schools took center stage at the 2017 Colorado Healthy Schools Summit: Putting the Pieces Together, as we shined a spotlight on comprehensive approaches to healthy school environments..
- Forty-six schools were named 2017 Healthy School Champions.
- Colorado Governor John Hickenlooper joined us by video to present the 2017 Platinum Governor’s Award for School Health and Wellness to Manitou Springs School District.
- Keynote speakers — two educators and a student — shared inspiring stories about their learning journey.
- Ten breakout sessions showcased all areas of health and wellness — physical, emotional, social, and mental (see presentations below).
Facebook Photo GalleryAccess Token not set. You can generate Access Tokens for your Page or Profile on fb.srizon.com. After generating the access token, insert it on the backend
See the social media conversation on Storify.
- Acronym Soup: Translating ESSA, LWP, and more for Health Champions
- Colorado Department of Education Invests in Behavioral/Mental Health in Schools!
- Colorado Teachers Develop Integrated Nutrition Education for Elementary Classrooms
- Creating Tomorrow’s Wellness Leaders Today
- Data into Action: Using Healthy Kids Colorado Data to Inform Health Equity
- Health, Wellness, and Academics: A Leadville School and Community Success Story
- Looking at Equity Through a Social Emotional Lens
- Recess: PLAY ON!
- Smart Source: Inventory of School Health Policies & Practices to Improve Student Outcomes
- Unleash the Responsible Classroom: How Social Emotional Learning Fits into Physical Education