Grounded in the principles of Deeper Learning and designed by Stanford’s d.school and IDEO, the experience leverages design thinking to help educators ignite innovations in their schools.
Last year, CEI helped launch School Retool in Colorado – one of only seven states offering this high-quality, customized professional learning experience. School leaders like you redesigned their school cultures small, scrappy experiments called “hacks.”
School Retool helps educators deliver on Colorado’s vision for next generation learning – an approach that lets students connect with the larger world; learn about careers; work on solving social problems; and develop skills they need to be happy, healthy, and productive adults.
Last year’s unique, cohort-based program was in high demand with only 20 spots. Principals and assistant principals connected to their peers to develop change management and leadership skills while being supported by local and national experts in school design.
School Retool includes:
- A three-month, real-time professional learning program.
- Five days of professional development, including school visits.
- Problem solving in real time with ideas that can be implemented quickly.
- A focus on reaching students from disadvantaged backgrounds.
- Deeper learning techniques to create student-centered learning.
- Coaching with the School Retool staff and networking with other principals.
2017 Professional Learning Days
Tuesday, September 12
Tuesday, October 3
Tuesday, October 24
Tuesday, November 14
Backup Workshop Date
(in the event of a cancellation):
Tuesday, November 28
$2,500 per person
If you are ready to Hack Your School Culture, apply online today for the School Retool Fellowship! The application deadline is Friday, August 4, 2017.