Over the last year, the Council has explored what ingredients make for effective teaching and school leadership, how effectiveness should be measured and what strategies are required for supporting continuous improvement.
The Council studied research and best practices, and spoke with experts in local school districts and across the country. They have talked extensively with these school district leaders and experts about what is best for Colorado, all while balancing state requirements with local values.
The result is a set of comprehensive recommendations detailed in this report that will help to ensure that every student has an effective teacher and an effective principal.
State Council for Educator Effectiveness Highlights!
What you can expect to learn in this report:
- The State Council for Educator Effectiveness: Purpose, Process, and Context
- The Next Generation of Licensed Personnel Performance Evaluations in Colorado
- Teacher Evaluation
- Principal Evaluation
- Evaluation of Other Licensed Personnel
- Developing, Testing, and Implementing the Evaluation System
- The Continuing Role of the State Council
- Study of Estimated Costs to Districts to Implement Educator Performance Evaluation Systems