Use this resource to help make the case about the connection between health and student and staff success.
It’s an overview of relevant research and literature, including key facts, quotes, and references — and success stories from Colorado schools and districts that have seen the benefits of addressing health and wellness.
In this resource:
- The impact of health on key indicators of academic achievement
- Grades and test scores
- High school graduation
- Staff retention and wellness
- Recommendations: Things we can do to make a difference
- Linking health and learning success stories
- Center Consolidated Schools: Center, Colo.
- Rangeview High School: Aurora, Colo.
- Redhawk Elementary School: Erie, Colo.
- Pueblo City Schools: Pueblo, Colo.
- Health is vital for student success: A summary of relevant research
- Talking points you should use to make the case