The vision, theory of change, goals, and strategies that make up the Roadmap were developed through collaboration with hundreds of key stakeholders.
Vision for STEM Education in Colorado
Colorado will be the most innovative state in the country in growing a local talent pipeline by ensuring all learners have the STEM education and experiences needed to succeed in an innovation economy.
Theory of Change for STEM Education in Colorado
- Builds community awareness and support for STEM, and fully coordinates and aligns STEM policies, practices, and partners to increase student interest, participation, and achievement in STEM
- Focuses on ensuring all students achieve STEM literacy
- Reduces its STEM talent and skills gap
…then it will lead the nation in STEM talent development.
Giving Back to STEM Education –
Matt Smith, Vice President of Engineering and IT
United Launch Alliance
Check out our progress by clicking on the goals on this interactive chart!
These goals and actions are not final – they are not intended to be. They represent current best thinking. A more detailed draft of these goals and strategies as well as the work to articulate partner roles and actions is included in Appendix D of this report.
Download PDF of Colorado’s STEM Education Roadmap
For more information on Colorado’s STEM Education Roadmap Appendices, click the links below.
- Appendix A: Benefits of Colorado Literacy and STEM Education
- Appendix B: Current Economic and Social Context for STEM
- Appendix C: Roadmap Development and Stakeholder Engagement Process
- Appendix D: Detailed Goals, Strategies, and Actions
- Appendix E: Building on a Strong Foundation of Public-Sector Efforts