Within this emerging learning network, district leaders and educators will have access to a steady, high-quality stream of resources and technical assistance for implementing the Colorado Academic Standards. Resources will support decision-making to align instruction and lessons to the standards (e.g., Literacy Design Collaborative and Math Design Collaborative, among others); assist educators in designing rigorous learning environments; and help shift educators’ practice to ask challenging and engaging tasks of students.
The standards are the expectations of what students need to know and be able to do at the end of each grade. They also stand as the values and content organizers of what Colorado sees as the future skills and essential knowledge for our next generation to be more successful.
Instructional Tools for Standards Implementation
- Guide rigorous instruction and backwards design
- Provide frameworks and strategies to differentiate instruction
- Incorporate rigorous formative assessments
- Use a common language and structure to facilitate collaboration across schools, districts and the nation
- Provide instructional strategies that foster student engagement while delivering the Colorado Academic Standards, including the Common Core State Standards.
CDE’s Tools and Resources on Standards
- Office of Standards and Instructional Support
- Learn about The Colorado Academic Standards
- Standards Implementation Toolkit
- Learn about Colorado’s District Sample Curriculum Project
- Click here to view the 2013 Common Assignment Newsletter by the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation.